Cherry Blossom season came and went in a matter of a few weeks. I didn't end up getting to a cherry blossom festival as I chose to go to the crab festival instead. And cherry blossoms are only in their prime for 1 week before they drop their petals. On a windy day, it looks like its snowing flowers.
.
Anywho, I took a little hike one day after work to get some good cherry blossom pictures before it was too late. I won't comment much since the pictures speak for themselves...
Picture of Dongbaek (part of Haeundae - just west of the beach).
Another picture of Dong Baek... the small peninsula (green lump of land) to the left of the buildings is called Dong Baek Island. It's a peninsula but whatev. The point is, the top of the hill is where I meet my yoga class Sunday afternoons for a little peace and serenity (and a killer ab workout).
As the sun set, the path I was walking on was illuminated by tiny little lanterns. Cute! (and practical!)
~Em
P.S. Cherry Blossom in Korean is pronounced Butt Goat. Really???? That is disappointing.
Beautiful pictures, Em! And by the way, I had another laugh-out-loud moment when I read the part about Cherry Blossom = Butt Goat. You're hilarious!
ReplyDeleteButt Goat! I love it!
ReplyDeleteHad any good bibimbap yet?
The lantern path looks and sounds amazing. Keep the posts and images coming...
I love bibimbop. It's my favorite Korean dish so far. I really like it when they put Bulgogi (pork) in it. And I can get for only 3,000won... $2.00 :)
ReplyDelete