Hi Friends!
If by chance you get the urge to send random things to the other side of the world for shits and giggles, then by all means, send away. And while you're at it, let me suggest an address... :)
Emily Tharpe
Kids Club Fun Language School
Centum Feel Bldg 2F #203
1221 Bunji Jaesong-Dong
Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea 612-050
I have no idea the expense so please don't feel obligated. And from what I understand, standard shipping can take anywhere from 1-2wks but a friend told me that even some things take longer.
And in case you are wondering what one might need (or miss) while living in SKorea, well....
For me:
If by chance you get the urge to send random things to the other side of the world for shits and giggles, then by all means, send away. And while you're at it, let me suggest an address... :)
Emily Tharpe
Kids Club Fun Language School
Centum Feel Bldg 2F #203
1221 Bunji Jaesong-Dong
Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea 612-050
I have no idea the expense so please don't feel obligated. And from what I understand, standard shipping can take anywhere from 1-2wks but a friend told me that even some things take longer.
And in case you are wondering what one might need (or miss) while living in SKorea, well....
For me:
- Mac 'n cheese
- Granola
- Granola bars (anything chewy, chocolatey, peanut buttery, appley, stawberryy, etc)
- Energy bars (powerbar, odwalla, etc)
- Gum (they of course have gum but their sweetener is weird)
- Good Beer (but you can't ship that so no worries)
- Toothpaste (the stuff here also has a funky taste - travel size is nice)
- Books and Magazines! (in English preferably! Send me an old paperback or old US weeklys, yoga journals, etc. I have a TV but I'm not using it so I'm reading anything and everything I can get my hands on!)
For the Kids:
- Stickers (I brought some small ones but the bigger ones are a hit... about the size of a quarter. The kids have a sticker book to fill up and it's kind of bragging rights if the stickers are bigger)
- Fun erasers (I swear the kids eat them off the end of their pencils. So they are constantly going, "teacher teacher, eraser eraser"... I think it's the second phrase they learn after "potty please").
- Any fun game you can find at the dollar store. I'm constantly trying to find ways to entertain these kids so the sillier the better! (think jacks, dominos, race cars, whatever!)
That's all I can think of at the moment. But as things come to mind and are missed, I'll update the list :)
I promise I'll blog about my teaching experience soon! I just want to get a few good pics of the kids in action first!
Miss you all!!!! Love, Em
I think Nora and I should be able to put our heads together to send you some pretty amazing things. Maybe some trinkets from our now defunct cube-wall...
ReplyDeleteMiss you, Em, and I'm enjoying reading about your experieinces!
-VW